I invest in early-stage tech startups through TechU and our various entities. We are first-check investors and focus almost exclusively at the seed/pre-seed stage (with reserves for follow-on). Typical check size is $250K to $2.0M.
Our current portfolio includes the following companies (in alphabetical order):
- Accion Systems (Cambridge, MA) – The world’s leading player in the ion-based satellite propellant market
- Arpeggio Biosciences (Boulder, CO) – Building RNA-profiling technology which reveals the underlying dynamics of thousands of genes to enable better predictions about how a drug will affect patients
- Ayar Labs (Santa Clara, CA) – At the forefront of building hardware that transfers data with fundamentally new electronic-photonic integrated circuits
- Bevi (Cambridge, MA) – The fastest growing beverage delivery tech startup in the US
- LedgerX (New York, NY) – A CFTC-registered Swap Execution Facility (SEF) and Derivatives Clearing Organization (DCO) specializing in the custody and trading of cryptocurrency derivatives. The breakaway leader in the space in terms of volume traded on a monthly basis.
- Multiply Labs (San Francisco, CA) – Robotics platform building the first ever personalized supplement capsule
- Naveris (Waltham, MA) – A breakthrough testing platform for early detection of viral cancers
- New Age Meats (Berkeley, CA) – Developing a platform to grow lab-based pork sausages via the latest cell-based cultivation methodology.
- nplex (Montreal, Canada) – Leveraging advances in nanotechnology and artificial intelligence to bring scalable protein measurements to the drug-discovery market
- ReviveMed (Cambridge, MA) – Drug discovery using artificial intelligence and metabolomics
- RemoteHQ (Cambridge, MA) – A new operating system for team collaboration
- Volumetric Biotechnologies (Houston, TX) – Building a platform incorporating 3D printing and cellular growth to create miniaturized functional units of human body organs (commonly called organs-on-a-chip) that will be used in drug discovery